SciVal® Experts is an expertise profiling and research networking tool pre-populated with the most useful and yet most difficult information to compile – deep publication histories from Elsevier's Scopus® database – making it easier to find experts and enable collaboration within your institution and across organizations.
SciVal Experts helps your institution:
- Drive internal and external collaborations by exposing publishing connections plus unseen opportunities
- Make your researchers’ accomplishments more discoverable by displaying their profiles to the research community, government agencies, industry, media and the public
- Reduce administrative burdens: an in-house profiling system can take at least one to two years; SciVal produces an in-depth database in little time
- Manage data efficiently: sophisticated web services allow you to download SciVal Experts data for further analysis, and upload institutional data into SciVal Experts
SciVal Experts helps researchers at your institution:
- Demonstrate their output and expertise internally and externally
- View other researchers' profiles, publications, coauthor networks and more to identify collaborators inside and outside the organization
- Connect with researchers at other institutions that have SciVal Experts by searching across the SciVal Experts Community
- Expand their research reach by accessing the DIRECT2experts network, a resource of additional research profile systems
Navigate the research network with SciVal Experts
Every researcher profile delivers a comprehensive list of papers – plus drill-downs on publications, grants, research trends, similar experts and more.
How it works
Unlike competing tools that merely return lists of abstracts, SciVal Experts applies the Elsevier Fingerprint Engine™ to produce a visual semantic index, or Fingerprint™ visualization, of relevant concepts that instantly exposes a researcher’s distinctive expertise, based on publication history. By generating Fingerprints at the researcher and department level, and linking researchers across common concepts within their Fingerprints, SciVal Experts provides users with incredible opportunities for knowledge exploration and collaboration.
Rooted in Scopus – the world's largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources – SciVal Experts is also flexible, able to incorporate institutional data and individual researcher updates for a more comprehensive picture of institutional expertise.
"We needed an easy-to-use system that enables us to know 'who' in the organization is working on 'what,' which can help us form collaborative teams and foster productive research relationships. Faculty at Einstein use the application every day to make significant connections with other researchers, and administrators use the solution to enhance their ability to support research."
Harry Shamoon MD, Associate Dean and Director
Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
Albert Einstein College of Medicine